Huronia Community Foundation
|Location, Telephone & Internet|
|Address||357 King St|
Midland, ON L4R 3M7
View Google Map
|Intersection||Yonge St & King St|
|Primary Contact||Mary MacIntyre, Administrative Assistant|
|Alternate Contact||Patricia Copeland, Executive Director|
|Description & Services|
|Description||The Huronia Community Foundation provides a means of keeping charitable donations within the community. The Foundation does not compete with other charities. The Foundation provides an opportunity for donors to ensure support of their favourite charity in perpetuity or to use the expertise of the Foundation to identify areas of greatest need. |
The Foundation supports initiatives from a broad spectrum of interests including arts and culture, health, education, sports and recreation, social services and the environment
1. To promote philanthropy in our communities
2. To build and prudently manage community endowments
3. To delight donors through exceptional service
4. To grant monies with integrity, sensitivity and creativity
5. To connect philanthropy to community needs
1. To incorporate recognized leaders whose skills bring leadership to the community.
2. To nurture and build on our community's strengths and assets.
3. To form, encourage and support collaborations and partnerships.
4. To diversify grants.
5. To be open and accessible, fair and objective, flexible and timely.
6. To evaluate our activities to improve our skills and knowledge and to share key findings with others.
These guiding principles are essential to our role as credible and reputable stewards of community resources.
1. To enhance the quality of community life.
2. To attract gifts today that will help tomorrow.
3. To be imaginative and proactive.
4. To be able to grant $100,000 annually in the near future.
Community Foundations - By the Community for the Community
Huronia Community Foundation is a Registered Charity #890875727RR0001
|Hours||Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm|
|Areas Served||Georgian Bay Township ; Midland ; Penetanguishene ; Tay ; Tiny|
|Application||Phone, e-mail or visit web site|
|Meetings||Monthly board meeting|