You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Wilderness
Springwater Township inc. Elmvale, Midhurst, Hillsdale
Tay Township including Port McNicoll, Victoria Harbour, Waubaushene
Tiny Township inc. Perkinsfield, Lafontaine, Wyebridge, Wyevale, Waverly
There are 6 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
|Position Title||Organization Name(s)||Communities||Duties|
|Program Volunteer||Wye Marsh Wildlife Centre||Guide groups throughout the marsh and teach educational programs in English and/or French.|
|Property Maintenance/Events/Fundraisers||Couchiching Conservancy (The)||Registered, charitable not for profit corporation/land trust dedicated to the preservation of significant natural areas in the Couchiching/Severn Region. Helps to protect natural areas through ownership and stewardship.|
|Volunteer Assistant for Search and Rescue||Georgian Bay Volunteer Search & Rescue||Help search for people and rescue them. Applicants are asked to fill out the application form on the website.|
|Loop Trail Coordinator||Huronia Trails and Greenways||Liaises with the Loop Trail Stewards, landowners, trail committee, etc. Keeps up to date record of loop trail owners and stewards. Provides loop trail stewards with the necessary supplies and keeps them up to date on on loop trail marker guidelines and acts as a resource to loop trail stewards in terms of issues, concerns, etc.|
|Loop Trail Stewards||Huronia Trails and Greenways||Familiarizes his or herself with the Loop Trail Guidelines. Establish a buddy system or small crew to look after the loop trail. Stores supplies in a safe location. Regularly inspects the trail, replaces missing or broken trail markers, and trims away branches that are obscuring the trail markers. Contacts the Loop Trail Coordinator if problems occur.
|Tay Shore Trail Watch||Tay Township. Municipal Office. Culture and Recreation||The Tay Shore Trail Watch Team is a volunteer group of trail ambassadors that was established in 2007 by the Tay Shore Trail Committee with the support of Tay Township Council. Trail Watch Team Members provide a mechanism for the Municipality to observe trail activity, promote safe use of the trail and to increase awareness among users.
Specific goals of the Tay Shore Trail Watch Team are to:
1) Inform users about trail etiquette and user guidelines and to encourage appropriate use for the safety of all users;
2) To provide information and direction to emergency facilities, contact numbers and to provide first aid assistance if equipped to do so;
3) To report trail conditions pertaining to damage, misuse or maintenance issues to the Recreation Coordinator;
4) To provide trail users with information and answer any questions regarding local points of interest;
5) To assist the Tay Shore Trail Committee with special events and activities pertaining to the trail if you are available;
6) Meet with the Tay Shore Trail Committee on occasion to share comments, suggestions and ideas (approximately twice annually).