You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Committee Member
Springwater Township inc. Elmvale, Midhurst, Hillsdale
Tay Township including Port McNicoll, Victoria Harbour, Waubaushene
Tiny Township inc. Perkinsfield, Lafontaine, Wyebridge, Wyevale, Waverly
There are 32 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
|Position Title||Organization Name(s)||Communities||Duties|
|Committee Member||Alzheimer Society of Simcoe County, Barrie Head Office||Become a Planning Task Group Member for the Barrie, or Midland/Penetang Walks for Memories held each January, Alzheimer Awareness Month. One of the Walks may be held in early February. Attend Planning meetings September to January. Select one or two aspects of the planning in which to become involved: media, draw prizes, entertainment,warm-up exercises, refreshments, registration, etc.|
|Board Member||Atlantic Challenge Canada||Various activities based on skills of volunteer. Some may include advertising, fundraising, leadership, sailing and rowing instruction, boat construction/repair.
Other opportunities exist depending on interest
|MS Walk Planning Committee Volunteer Member||Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada, Simcoe County Chapter||The MS Walk is the MS Society of Canada’s single largest fundraising event. We are looking for dedicated individuals to assist with planning this amazing event that focuses on inspiring and empowering walkers to take action in raising funds and joining the movement to end MS.
The MS Walk Committee is typically made up of many different individuals with varied experiences and chaired by an experienced volunteer who works with all committee members to ensure everyone is working together to reach common goals and having the best experience possible. An MS Society staff person also sits on the committee to assist with planning and acts as a main resource.
There are a variety of different positions available such as TeamMS Coordinator, Recruitment and Stewardship Coordinator, Volunteer Coordinator, Local Sponsorship Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator, Promotions Coordinator, Entertainment Coordinator and many more! The entire committee works together to establish goals, time frames and responsibilities to ensure everyone’s needs and availabilities are kept in mind. Committees meet monthly from January- May.
Volunteers are needed in New Tecumseth, Collingwood, Midland, Orillia and Barrie.
|Organizing Committee Member||Library Garden Tour, North Simcoe||Committee members perform a variety of tasks necessary to the organizing and delivery of the annual Library Garden Tour. Tasks include promotion, administration, fundraising, liaison with participating libraries and individuals whose gardens will be included in the tour.|
|Aids Committee Volunteer||AIDS Committee of Simcoe County, Barrie Office||Volunteers assist with:
* Special events (World AIDS Day, Fundraisers, Annual campaigns)
* Youth Initiatives
* Support Groups
* Peer Mentoring
* Community Awareness & Education activities
* Volunteers are also needed to sit on our Board Directors.
|General Event Volunteers||Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada, Simcoe County Chapter||Helping out at planned events, various duties are available during an event that are held mainly on the weekends during the daytime.
MS Walk - Five MS Walks in Simcoe County: Barrie, Collingwood, Midland, Orillia, New Tecumseth (Alliston)
Be a walker - walk on your own or form a team
Be a committee member
Meetings are held once a month
Volunteer the day of the event
The MS Walk will take place in May, 2013
MS Carnation Campaign
Be a committee member
Meetings held once a month Feb, Mar, Apr, May and June
Volunteer for the day of the event
MS Leap of Faith Beach Volleyball Tournament (Tyndale Park, Barrie)
Form a team and compete
Be a committee member (* currently seeking new/additional committee members*)
Meetings are held once a month - Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, June, July
Volunteer for the day of the event
Dragon Boat (Takes place at the Barrie Lakefront)
Be a rower
Be a committee member
Meetings take place once a month - Apr, May, June, July, Aug.
Collect pledges without rowing
Volunteer for the day of the event
|Chapter Youth Committee||Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada, Simcoe County Chapter||VICE CHAIR
• Responsible for any programs or activities that occur within the Youth Committee
• Recruits members to help establish the committee and support any programs or activities taking place
• Coordinates chapter retention and education efforts
• Educates new members on the mission and vision of the MS Society of Canada and the goals of the local Chapter Board
• Responsible for keeping members of the committee active and involved
• Works with the Secretary to prepare meeting agendas prior to each meeting
• Responsible for preparing agendas and distributing meeting documents prior to each meeting
• Response for taking notes at each monthly meeting and distributing these notes to committee members as well as the local Chapter Board
• Communicates with the committee through different mediums (emails, phone, newsletter, etc.) to ensure that all committee members are notified of all programs and activities of the Youth Committee and Chapter.
• Informs chapter members of upcoming events and assists the Vice Chair with recruitment of members and program/activity participants
• Works to promote the Youth Committees cause through outreach and advocacy
• Works with the Chapter Board to incorporate publications from the youth perspective on all Chapter newsletters
• Plans committee fundraising activities and recruits members to assist these efforts
• Reports all activities to Youth Chair who keeps Executive Chapter Board updated with all youth committee initiatives
• Sets an obtainable fundraising goal and works with fellow Executive members to achieve that goal
• Manages the budget for any fundraising activity (with the assistance of the Chapter Treasurer)
• Work with social media sites
• **more to come**
|Theatre Volunteer||King's Wharf Theatre, Operated by Drayton Entertainment||Volunteers are needed as ushers, greeters, for assistance with special events or to provide housing/accommodation for cast members.|
|OSGA 55+ District 28 Events Committee Chairperson||Ontario Senior Games Association. Simcoe County, District 28||The Events Committee Chairperson shall:
1. Direct this committee towards the goals of conducting the activities in an efficient and coordinated manner.
2. Select sites of each activity as appropriate and recommend same to District Games Committee.
3. Ensure convenors are recruited for each event.
4. Ensure that all event convenors and volunteers know the rules and necessary details for the operation of their activities.
5. Ensure that all information is communicated from all committees to the Events Committee.
6. Coordinate data on activity details, which is then distributed to appropriate committees.
7. Ensure that each site is ready for the activity on schedule.
|OSGA 55+ District 28 Vice-Chair||Ontario Senior Games Association. Simcoe County, District 28||The Committee Vice-Chairperson shall:
1. Assist the Chairperson with the operation of the District Committee.
2. In the absence of the Chairperson, assume all duties of the Chairperson.
3. Accept "ad hoc" and short- term assignments and other duties as required by the Executive or the Committee
|Habitat for Humanity Volunteer||Habitat for Humanity North Simcoe||Require volunteers to help on various committees and to build homes.|
|Board Member||Boys and Girls Clubs of North Simcoe||To attend meetings and take part in the business conducted by the Board of Directors for the Boys and Girls Club.|
|Disaster Response Team Member, Disaster Management||Canadian Red Cross, Simcoe Muskoka Branch, Disaster Management||Volunteers:
* uphold the fundamental principles of the Canadian Red Cross
* attend meetings and training
* prepare equipment and supplies for response to disaster events
* respond to small scale events and provide Personal Disaster Assistance to affected persons- shelter, food, clothing
* respond to medium and larger scale events to provide various relief services in reception and evacuation centres.
|Board Member (Catulpa Community Support Services)||Catulpa Community Support Services, Orillia Office, Family Resource Service||Strategic planning for the organization
Risk identification and management
Management effectiveness and succession
Communications with stakeholders
Internal control and management information systems
|"Ovarian Cancer Canada Walk of Hope" Committee Members and Day-of-Event Volunteers||Ovarian Cancer Canada||The Walk of Hope is the only annual national event dedicated to supporting ovarian cancer education, support and research.
Dynamic and engaged volunteers are needed to help raise awareness of ovarian cancer by joining the Walk of Hope organizing committee and taking on responsibility for organizing this annual fundraising event. Tasks include media relations, publicity and promotion, food and beverage coordination, logistics, recruitment of participants and coordinating volunteers.
Volunteers are also sought for the day of the Walk on Sunday following Labour Day at the Barrie waterfront performing a variety of tasks to make the Walk a success.
|Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure Event Volunteer||Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation, Ontario Region||Assist with a number of duties including: set-up/take down, water station, food tent, directing participants etc. Volunteers may apply on-line at the website. Committee members are also being sought.|
|Film Series Volunteer||Huronia Museum and Huron-Ouendat Village. Film Series||· Attend all committee meetings
· Assist in choosing films from the Film Circuit Hot List
· Write a synopsis and director bio for one film in each season of the film series
· Attend each film to assist with ticket taking and film introductions
· Assist in finding sponsors to support the film series
· Assisting with the promotion of the film series
|Carver Off-Leash Dog Park Volunteer||Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, Midland and District, Carver Off-Leash Dog Park||OSPCA is seeking volunteers to help maintain the park and to sit on a park committee.|
|Chapter Chair||Arthritis Society (The)||chief volunteer position to ensure chapter meet goals of The Arthritis Society|
|Coach, Assistant Soccer Coach, Executive||North Simcoe Youth Spring Soccer, Tim Horton Timbit League||Assist the North Simcoe Youth Spring Soccer Association with coaching and refereeing of soccer teams! Soccer Executives are needed to get the soccer season up and running and to oversee the organizational activities.
|Horticultural Member||Elmvale and District Horticultural Society||Volunteer members:
* assist with planting at annual flower shows and flower gardens
* maintenance of gardens in various locations
* attending meet
* assist with fundraising duties to aid in beautification of the community
* act as youth horticulture group leaders.
|Community Representative||Springwater Community Policing Committee||Represent your section of the community in aiding the police to identify the community concerns so they can crack down on the issues that matter most to the citizens by participating in committee meetings and activities.|
|Friends of the Centennial Museum Committee Member||Friends of Penetanguishene Centennial Museum||Friends of the Centennial Museum is a group of volunteers that meet once a month to discuss and arrange special events, meant to raise funds for the museum's capital projects. As a Friend, you would attend monthly meetings, help out with special events, and may take on responsibilities for specific duties - ie. advertising, concession stand, etc.
Friends duties are voluntary. Friends have a choice about which duties they would like to take on.
|Board Member||Midland-Penetanguishene District Community Emergency Response Team||Attend monthly meetings to ensure proper administration of finances and resources, plan activities and budgets and do fundraising and outreach.|
|Committee Coordinator||Huronia Pregnancy Resource Centre||Develop new creative fundraising opportunities, help with planning existing special events and responsible for setting up and recruiting volunteers for upcoming events.|
|Community Council Member||Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. Midland and District, Domestic Shelter and Adoption Centre||Business minded volunteer fundraisers needed to help plan, execute and implement fundraising and awareness initiatives.|
|Event Volunteer||Huronia Transition Homes, Athena's Sexual Assault Counselling & Advocacy Centre||Positions include: working at events and promoting events|
|Fundraising, Event and Administrative Volunteers||Canadian Cancer Society. Simcoe-Muskoka Unit. Midland/Penetenguishene Branch||Help the Canadian Cancer Society raise funds by organizing and staffing events, assisting with administration or other needed tasks.|
|Heart and Stroke Volunteer||Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario, Barrie Office||Fundraising, public education, sitting on committees, Special Project/Positions, Student Placement for youth ages 14 years and up|
|Multiple Sclerosis Society Volunteer||Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada, Simcoe County Chapter||Assist with office administration, help motivate financial support in the battle against MS through fundraising. Board member positions are also available.|
|Orilla Chapter Council Members||Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario, Barrie Office||The Orillia Chapter Council is currently seeking applications from interested volunteers to join their Chapter Council team. The council acts collaboration with the staff and volunteer team,to develop and implement strategies that will support the achievement of Areas Office goals.The group acts as Ambassadors of the Heart and stroke Foundation,they share unique skills, experiences and perspectives in providing leadership to the local chapter and engage others in the community. Meeting occurs monthly and last approximately 1-2 hrs.If you are a team player with strong networking skills and demonstrated leadership skills,please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com Jen Mitchell,Community Volunteer Specialist.|
|OSGA 55+ District 28 Registration Committee Chairperson||Ontario Senior Games Association. Simcoe County, District 28||The Registration Committee Chairperson shall:
1. Plan and implement all registration procedures (on site registration, pre-registration, collection of funds, etc.).
2. Ensure that all forms are completed accurately and that all waivers are signed.
3. Communicate the registration information to the appropriate event convenor and committee chairs as needed.
4. Have an ongoing up-to-date list of all participants.
5. Ensure that participant registration information is forwarded to the OSGA in a timely manner.
6. Present a report of the registration information to the District Coordinator and the District Games Committee at the completion of the Games.