You performed a search for: Organization Name(s): Parkinson Society Central & Northern Ontario
Springwater Township inc. Elmvale, Midhurst, Hillsdale
Tay Township including Port McNicoll, Victoria Harbour, Waubaushene
Tiny Township inc. Perkinsfield, Lafontaine, Wyebridge, Wyevale, Waverly
There are 1 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
|Position Title||Organization Name(s)||Communities||Duties|
|Support Group Facilitator||Parkinson Society Central & Northern Ontario||We are looking for volunteers to facilitate monthly support groups to provide education and support to persons with Parkinson’s, members of their families, and/or their caregivers in dealing with the challenges of living with the condition. We encourage group members to share experiences, ideas, and feelings, address challenges, develop supportive friendships and receive current information about Parkinson’s.
Groups typically meet once per month, during the day on weekdays.
• To complete Support Group Facilitator training program and continue to pursue further learning & education throughout volunteer experience
• To inform Community Development Coordinator in a timely manner if unable to fulfill duties
• To adhere to the Parkinson Society Policies and Procedures
• To maintain a clear vision of the volunteer role with clients
• To sign a Volunteer Service Agreement and attend an evaluation on an annual basis
• Facilitate monthly support group, including planning, set-up, refreshments and speakers.
• Report on regular basis to Community Development Coordinator.
• Attend district meetings every three months with Community Development Coordinator.